Subject: Document Copies & Non-Nego BL to Customers
From: Akiko Kitagawa <[email-masked]>
To: 'Accounts-OSL' <[email-masked]>
Cc: 'Shipping-OSL' <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 12:00:45 +0800

Hi Team,

This supersedes the process emailed last Nov 25, 2019. 

IBC can provide copies of the documents and the non-Nego BL to the customer
by request. Please see Lianie’s chat below and let me know if you have
questions or concerns. Thanks.

 

Regards,

Akiko Kitagawa

IBC Accounts Department

IBC Japan Ltd.

64 Miyanomae-cho, Nakajima,

Fushimi-ku, Kyoto Japan

24/7 Hotline +81 366 359 35

 

From: Mikako Eto [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2020 11:11 AM
To: Akiko Kitagawa; Hiroko Tsuji
Subject: Re: Waiver for Non Nego BL Soft Copy

Hi Akiko,

Yes, I also aware no D/O issued without original B/L presentation to the
shipping line's local agent or B/L surrender from port of Origin.

What we have been concerned about was giving a copy of de-reg is to let
consignee process customs entry or registration under their name and the
risk is if the consignee backs off and IBC has to seek for a new customer
for the unit.

But now Lianie is in Kenya and as far as she can collect all the money and
we can avoid to encounter the issue of re-sale as SPECIAL, I am OK with the
suggestion. 

Regards,

Mikako Eto  衛藤 美香子

Export Division

IBC Japan Ltd.

64 Miyanomae-cho, Nakajima, Fushimi-ku, Kyoto Japan

Phone: + 81 75 622 5090  Fax: +81 75 622 5098

 

  _____  

From: Akiko Kitagawa
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 6:56 PM
To: Mikako Eto; Hiroko Tsuji
Subject: RE: Waiver for Non Nego BL Soft Copy 

Hi Mikako and Hiroko,

Going back to the process below, Lianie mentioned during our meeting this
afternoon the following.

We can provide copies of the documents and the non-Nego BL to customer upon
request only and Jojo approved. 

Please advise if this is okay on your end. Thanks.

 

Regards,

Akiko Kitagawa

IBC Accounts Department

IBC Japan Ltd.

64 Miyanomae-cho, Nakajima,

Fushimi-ku, Kyoto Japan

24/7 Hotline +81 366 359 35

 

  _____  

From: Akiko Kitagawa
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2019 4:45 PM
To: Mikako Eto; Ayumi Nakahara; Yuki Hasegawa; IBCShipping; Mayumi Yagi;
Tina Otoko
Cc: Aiko Tsukamoto; Hiroko Tsuji; Tom Nambiar
Subject: Re: Waiver for Non Nego BL Soft Copy 

Hi Mikako, Hiroko and Tom,

Thank you for your inputs.

So as not to make the process difficult for IBC customers as the requests
for non negotiable B/L is only for payment purposes, 

1.	IBC will only provide non-negotiable B/L ONLY upon request
2.	IBC cannot provide any other documents to the customers if full
payment is not received except the non-negotiable B/L.

With this, we will no longer require the waiver. 

Regards,

Akiko

  _____  

From: Mikako Eto
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2019 2:35 PM
To: Akiko Kitagawa; Ayumi Nakahara; Yuki Hasegawa; IBCShipping; Mayumi Yagi;
Tina Otoko
Cc: Aiko Tsukamoto; Hiroko Tsuji; Tom Nambiar
Subject: RE: Waiver for Non Nego BL Soft Copy 

Hi Akiko,

This is noted.

 

IBC Shipping, OSL Shipping and Tom,

FYI

Regards,

Mikako

From: Akiko Kitagawa [ <mailto:[email-masked]>
mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2019 1:57 PM
To: Mikako Eto; Ayumi Nakahara; Yuki Hasegawa
Cc: Aiko Tsukamoto; Hiroko Tsuji
Subject: Re: Waiver for Non Nego BL Soft Copy

Hi Mikako,

Yes, the waiver should be signed by the customer to signify that he agrees
to the provisions as indicated that the non-negotiable B/L is sent for the
purpose of payment processing and not for the release of the documents. We
should receive the signed waiver before the non-negotiable B/L is sent.

I will inform OSL team about this. Thanks. 

Regards,

Akiko

  _____  

From: Mikako Eto
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2019 11:49 AM
To: Ayumi Nakahara; Akiko Kitagawa; Yuki Hasegawa
Cc: Aiko Tsukamoto; Hiroko Tsuji
Subject: Fw: Waiver for Non Nego BL Soft Copy 

Hi Ayumi, 

Thank you for the letter.

Akiko,

I understand that it was SOP for Kenya when customer requested releasing
Non-Negotiable B/L copy before arrival but not with full payment.

As far as I know, shipping company/agent at the destination will not release
cargoes by Non-Negotiable B/L copy so that it should be OK but if we want to
avoid any risk, it might be better to get sign on the attached letter.

How would you like to make a rule of releasing Non-Negotiable B/L copy since
it should be applied to all the markets if we proceed to?

Mikako

  _____  

From: Ayumi Nakahara
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2019 11:30 AM
To: Mikako Eto; Hiroko Tsuji
Cc: Akiko Kitagawa; Aiko Tsukamoto
Subject: Waiver for Non Nego BL Soft Copy 

 

Hello Girls,

Kindly see the attached Waiver format before we provide Non Nego BL to
customer.

Should be implemented moving forward.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ayumi